Wednesday 4 March 2015

YOURE NOT ALONE ON THIS WALK




On Sunday morning as I fried plantain to eat after service, I had a deeper understanding of the will of God concerning fasting, it was so strong and I had taken a decision to see fasting from that angle, I knew that word was going to keep me and help me to grow spiritually. Seconds later, it was as if someone told me – “that word was meant for you to let go of that food and go to church just like that. In my mind I argued, I said “God I promise to live this life immediately after today, but you know I will be staying back for rehearsal till four or whenever the spirit leads, and I usually can’t last that long without food.
I put up some more arguments – sensible ones at that, but before I knew it the word had disappeared from me. It was not just some head knowledge, it was more of a heart knowledge and so even though I still remember a few of the words, it’s just in my head and not in my heart right now. I’m still praying that God will restore it to me.
We all do make mistakes; we sometimes argue with God, we do things in our Christian walk that we end up regretting, but God is merciful and because Paul said that we do not have an affliction that is not common to others, I ask that you share your affliction for someone to be encouraged- breakthrough is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment