Wednesday 4 March 2015

THE WORLD REVOLVES AROUND ME




I know we, must all know the phenomena of the moving moon, where it seems like wherever we go, the moon is moving with us. Some of us may have been deceived as kids to even believe in it – funny things we believed as children huh.
Well the phenomena came back to me now but in a different way that I think we can identify with. I was in a bus yesterday and one of the passengers was on the phone talking about what sounded like JAMB and then I realised that I had forgotten about the existence of such a thing. Back then when I was getting ready to take the exams, it felt like everyone in the world was taking it with me; some were taking it for the first time while others had been ‘JAMMED’ a couple of times and were still taking another try.
This evening also, I saw someone carrying a basin containing substance I wasn’t sure of but I knew the person was taking it to be milled. I asked my sister if such a thing still existed. I mean I still see the grinding machines in people’s shops but I didn’t know people still patronised them. What was more shocking is that I live in an area where you would think people would be more educated or at least rich enough to find means of avoiding such occurrences guess I was wrong.
So what I'm saying is, there are things that happened back in the day that seemed acceptable to me when I was also doing them, but when I stopped I felt like it should have stopped happening. What s our story like. Place a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment