Wednesday 21 January 2015

NEW THINGS, OLD THINGS

What's the difference?
I guess I always knew that there is nothing new under the sun. Things is that I only recently am beginning to realise it for sure.
I am watching the power tussle in my country Nigeria. At the same time I am watching this very excellent series - game of thrones. I have always been a fan of ancient movies, movies about ancient times, and history in general.
I see that lack of knowledge of history has lead many to believe that they are doing something entirely new that no one has ever done.
The truth is that there is indeed nothing new under the sun. We simply find new ways of doing old things.
Take slavery for instance. We think that the declaration of rights has made it impossible for slave trade but slave trade has simply just found a new way to hide in plane sight.
Many men and women are still slaves today. Unfortunately, this new form of slavery is unknown to many of its slaves. I'll elaborate more on this later.
Another thing that I have seem that has never changed is the power tussle I was talking about. It's all about who can control things, who has . The most money, who can manipulate people the most and all the rest of that stuff. It's like I am watching a reenactment of "300" or even this "game of thrones".
My point is that since there is nothing new really. Then we must look back at our own lives and the lives of others that have lived before us, both the good and the bad and learn from them before we can look forward in life.
We need to stop being in such a haste everyday and pay attention to the things that really matter. Theist upward flying invention is the rocket and there is a reason why what propels it is at its rear.
Think on this till next time.

As a continuation of my thoughts, I realise that even in this age of democracy, the downtrodden do not want to support their fellows who try to rise for the good of all.
Also, even with new technology available, it seems to leave those in power even more confused over what to do about public feelings, it's really funny to watch. Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment